Playing with the children after a long day of work is sometimes difficult. We get home and have all the kids come to us asking to play a game such as basketball or baseball. Unfortunately, in spite of our good intentions, many of us simply cannot contemplate after work exercise activities with our kids and often time decline to join them or promise to do so after we had time to rest.
Instead of disappointing your children, why not say, “yes” after all? You will be surprised by the amount of energy you will have after that 30-minute activity.
So, what are the benefits of regular exercise? Regular exercise promotes self-discipline and has a positive impact on how you perceive life. Working out can help in lifting your spirits and even get you out of depression. For first timers, it can be done for 15 minutes twice or 3 times a week. You can increase the time you spend once your body gets tuned up for it. The most important aspect of ensuring exercise works for you, is to be consistent! Going on exercise binges a couple times a year does nothing but make you believe it does not work. Did you know that by exercising at an even pace for only a short amount of time, you can feel much better, mentally? It has been proven that this increases the appetite and sharpens your mind. Not only that, but you will also feel that it is easier to rest at night if you do engage in moderate daily exercises.
DON’T ever force your body! If you get hurt, then stop. You can take a break from exercising for a few days and then you can start again but you need to start from day 1.
Here are some moderate exercises you can do and enjoy:
1.Walking. Make use of your surroundings. You can walk your dog, walk with your partner or child. Encourage your family to do the walking exercise daily and you will find yourself burning calories while enjoying the surroundings and getting enough sunlight that is also good for your body.
2. Discover the wonders of Yoga. Yoga is one effective exercise that energizes not only your body but also your soul. You may want to learn even the basic yoga positions that are not too complicated but proven effective. A five-minute yoga exercise can perk you up and recharge your body with the energy you lost for the whole day. You relax and at the same time you stretch!
3. Participate in sports activities. Play basketball, football, baseball, tennis or badminton. Many doctors have recommended sports as an effective way to stay fit and healthy. Sports can also be done in moderation. Do not take it seriously. Shooting basketball with a friend is one moderate exercise that is also considered a sport.
4. Join exercise programs at work. If you still do not have exercises programs at work, then why not start one? You can talk to your boss about it and start with your colleagues. You do not only lose calories but it is also one good way to bond with them. This can be done 30 minutes, 3 times a week.
5. Exercise while doing household chores. Gardening, raking leaves, lawn mowing, doing the laundry, vacuuming and car washing are effective moderate exercises at home. Make use of these chores to sweat and burn calories. Instead of using machines and gadgets to perform these chores, why not do it with your hands and lose some fats?
6. Try trampoline bouncing to improve fitness. So, you want to spend some time with the family and still get exercise? Try jumping on the trampoline with them! Trampoline bouncing is a phenomenal exercise that really doesn’t even feel like exercise. It is just fun with the family. If you don’t have one of those large trampolines, exercise trampolines are available at a modest price. These devices are much easier on the feet and ankles then jogging as well as much more convenient than going to the gym. You can find our Exercise trampoline reviews here.
Making exercises as part of your daily routines will surprise you with how many calories you may lose. Doing these moderate exercises of the same amount every day can burn 150 calories up to 1,000 calories a day!