Before jumping on an Exercise Trampoline, we must give importance to doing warm-up or stretching exercises to prevent accidents or to enhance the output during the training. There are also a number of precautionary measures and tips to serve as guidelines when doing fitness exercises on a mini trampoline. Here are a few pre-workout training exercises.
1. To increase your flexibility and to avoid injuries, stretch before and after your exercise trampoline workout. Almost everyone knows that stretching before workout prevents injuries during the exercises, but only few people know that stretching after workout, when muscles are still warm, can increase flexibility.
2. Hold your stretching position for more than 60 seconds to increase flexibility. While holding your position for 20 seconds is enough for warm ups, holding each position for at least 60 seconds will develop the body’s flexibility.
3. Do not go into a stretching position then immediately return to the relaxed position, and do it repeatedly. This is more appropriately termed as bouncing while in a position. When stretching, hold that position for several seconds, and then slowly relax. You may do this exercise repeatedly this way. Bouncing or forcing yourself into a position during stretching can strain or damage some joints or muscles. You will do enough bouncing on your exercise trampoline–no need to do it before.
4. Work slowly in increments instead of immediately proceeding to doing the hardest exercise. This means to start your routine off slowly. Start with a light jumping routine on your exercise trampoline and proceeding, slowly, to the more strenuous exercises.
5. Make sure that you have stretched or warmed up all muscle groups. For some people, even if they have strong bodies, they tend to neglect the neck when working out of stretching. Stretching the neck muscles can be as simple as placing the palm of one’s hand against the front of the head and pushing it. Then, do the same to the sides and the back of the head.
6. Stretch regularly to continually increase your range of movements and your level of flexibility and strength. You don’t have to stretch only before you jump on your exercise trampoline. You can do some stretching before bed or after you wake up in the morning. This will increase your enjoyment while you sleep or go about your daily routine.
7. Workout considering only your capabilities and not of others. Do not force yourself to do exercises on your exercise trampoline that you are not yet capable of just because there are people who can do it. Many of these workout videos have us doing some pretty insane things right off the bat. Take your time. Increase your limits slowly. Listen to your body. There are days when your body may be too tired that you may have to consider reducing your range of motion.
8. Learn to rest. Rest in between sets and stations to make sure that the body has enough time to recover its energy. Also, it is advisable that you don’t work the same muscle groups consecutively for two days. The muscles grow during the period when you rest and not when you are working out.
9. Do aerobic exercises to strengthen your heart. Aerobic exercises are those physical activities that require a lot of oxygen for fuel. This includes cardiovascular exercises such as jumping on your exercise trampoline, running, or skipping rope.
10. Music may help you when you want to train for longer periods or to increase your intensity. You can use your smartphone, mp3 players, CD players or lightweight am radio receivers for this. Just make sure that you brought your headset with you so as not to disturb people who don’t prefer music while exercising. Exercise trampolines are excellent for this point. They are very small and are often placed in front of the television so you can watch your favorite program while working out.
If you are interested in reading our Exercise trampoline reviews you can find them here.
Exercise Trampoline Exercise Stretching Video
Apart from preventing injuries and increasing one’s limit, it is also said that stretching is good for a tired body and also for a stressed mind and spirit.